Handbook of Plastic Films
Price: EUR 176.00
Rapra Technology Limited
Plastic films are high-performance materials which play an essential part in modern life. Plastic films are mostly used in packaging applications but as will be seen from this book they are also used in the agricultural, medical and engineering fields. The plastics films industry uses state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and is continuously seeking out new technologies to improve its performance. The understanding of the nature of plastic films, their production techniques, applications and their characterisation is essential for producing new types of plastic films. This handbook has been written to discuss the production and main uses of plastic films. Contents
- Chapter 1: Technology of Polyolefin Film Production, deals with the various types of polyolefins and their suitability for film manufacture.
- Chapter 2: Processing of Polyethylene Films, the main parameters influencing resin basic properties are described.
- Chapter 3: Processing Conditions and Durability of Polypropylene Films, details the structure, synthesis and film processing of polypropylene.
- Chapter 4: Solubility of Additives in Polymers, deals with different aspects of additives solubility in polymers in relation to the polymer degradation and stabilisation.
- Chapter 5: Polyvinyl Chloride: Degradation and Stabilisation, covers the stability of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) films during procesing and service.
- Chapter 6: Ecological Issues of Polymer Flame Retardancy, discusses flame retardants, which as special additives have an important role in saving lives. These flame retardant system basically inhibit or even suppress the combustion process by chemical or physical action in the gas or condensed phase.
- Chapter 7: Interaction of Polymers with Nitrogen Oxides in Polluted Atmospheres, covers thermal and photochemical oxidation of polymers under the influence of the aggressive, polluting atmospheric gases.
- Chapter 8: Modifications of Plastic Films, discusses the modifications of plastic films required to improve their mechanical or physical properties to meet the requirements of certain applications.
- Chapter 9: Applications of Plastic Films in Packaging, deals with applications of plastic films in packaging.
- Chapter 10: Applications of Plastic Films in Agriculture, deals with the application of plastic films in agriculture.
- Chapter 11: Physicochemical Criteria for Estimating the Efficiency of Burn Dressings, deals with the principal medical treatment of burns using dressings made with a polymeric layer or layers.
- Chapter 12: Testing of Plastic Films, covers the most common test methods generally used for plastic films. The requirements necessary for the test methods are summarised.
- Chapter 13: Recycling of Plastic Waste, covers the problem of plastic films recycling Different types of recycling are discussed and recycling of some selected types of films are discussed.
About the Author Elsayed Abdel-Bary took his first degree at Cairo University and studied for his PhD at the Institute of Fine Chemical Technology in Moscow. He became a Professor in the Faculty of Science at Mansoura University in 1979 and subsequently founded the University's Polymer Research Centre. He has published widely on the subject of polymer science, to date he has over 100 papers/book chapters credited to him. Elsayed is the Editor-in-Chief of Packplast International and Interplas International, the Vice-President of the Egyptian Chemical Society and a member of the IUPAC Academy of Scientific Research and Technology.
The current price for this Rapra Technology Ltd. book may differ from the listed price. Please ask for an up-to-date non-binding offer under firstname.lastname@example.org
Now it is possible to order online
and pay through PayPal.
You can also pay by credit card or by invoice.