The Plastics Compendium, Volume 2
Price: EUR 256.00
Rapra Technology Limited
This volume covers a much broader range of properties; providing comparative data for the same 351 generic and modified material types covered in Volume One. The properties were selected in order to provide a clear and detailed guide to processability and performance. Each material has been assigned a comparative ranking value for each of the properties. These range from Excellent to Very Poor and Not Applicable. 62 properties are covered, in 4 categories:
- General and electrical: including shrinkage, warpage, hydrolytic stability, UV weathering and material cost.
- Mechanical: e.g. tensile strength, fatigue index, toughness and wear.
- Processing: i.e. ability to be processed by moulding, extrusion, pultrusion, casting, resin injection, etc.
- Post-processing: e.g. machining, plating and welding.
The information is presented in the following main sections:
- Property based listings.
- Comparative materials data sheets.
- Alphabetical indexes of properties and materials.
The property based listings each contain an explanation of the property, followed by listings of all the materials which have been rated as Good or above. Cross references are provided to the comparative materials data sheets, which list all 62 ranking values for each material. This layout permits easy comparisons to be made and a simple materials selection methodology to be followed. If a material has already been specified, reference to the relevant comparative materials data sheet may show at a glance where any problems are likely to arise.
The current price for this Rapra Technology Ltd. book may differ from the listed price. Please ask for an up-to-date non-binding offer under firstname.lastname@example.org
Now it is possible to order online
and pay through PayPal.
You can also pay by credit card or by invoice.