Feica, the Association of the European Adhesive & Sealant Industry, invites experts to share their knowledge and experience at the 2018 European Adhesive & Sealant Conference and Expo, which takes place at the Radisson Blu Latvija Conference Hotel in Riga, Latvia, from 12 – 14 September 2018.
According to the organiser, year-on-year the Feica Conference and Expo manages to attract more than 500 industry leaders to discuss market drivers and trends, innovation, sustainability and technological advancements.
The 2018 Business Forum theme is “Adhesives and sealants in the digital age”. The Business Forum will explore the implications of the digital age for business and strive to identify practical strategies that will help adhesive and sealant companies to succeed in this new era.
Feica welcomes abstracts on a range of topics. The focus areas of the 2018 breakout sessions include:
- Digital technologies, data exchange in manufacturing and sales, automation.
- The internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence, data mining, e-commerce for industry
- Data privacy and protection, the General Data Protection Regulation and its impact on the European industry.
Market trends and innovation
- Adhesive and sealant market trends, growth rates and outlook, emerging markets and market development.
- Innovative manufacturing technologies, innovation and growth.
- Downstream user perspective in construction, building, civil engineering, electronics, medical, paper and packaging, transportation, marine, Do-It-Yourself/retail, footwear and leather, woodworking and joinery, and assembly operations.
- Resource-efficient technologies, energy and raw material sourcing, Circular Economy.
- Durability, recycling, handling and use of adhesives and sealants.
- Adhesives and sealants contributing to sustainable development
Innovative technology, testing and product development
- Developments in hotmelts, solvent-based, water-based, pressure-sensitive and reactive adhesive systems.
- Trends in polyurethanes, silicones, silane and other sealant systems.
- Feedstock trends affecting raw material sourcing.
- Accessing raw materials – availability, restrictions and (relative) price.
- Raw material development and new product applications.
From science to tomorrow’s applications
- Innovative research, e-learning, high-throughput research.
- Advancements in adhesion science, new chemistry.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts is 30 March 2018.
Tel. +32 2 8969605