Call for Papers: European Bioplastics Conference 2020
European Bioplastics, the association representing the interests of the bioplastics industry in Europe, has issued a Call for Papers for the 15th European Bioplastics Conference taking place on 1 – 2 December 2020 in Vienna, Austria. The event will focus on the latest developments in bioplastics as well as on environmental aspects and opportunities for growth in the bio-based plastics sector. Experts are invited to submit proposals for a presentation on the following topics:
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable polymers – latest material and process innovations,
- Packaging innovations, especially food contact solutions
- Additives for bioplastics, such as bio-based plasticisers, flame retardants etc.
- Mechanical and chemical recycling of bio-based plastics,
- The role of compostable and/or bio-based plastics in national and international waste legislation,
- Sustainability assessment with focus on LCA of bio-based plastics
- New (durable) applications introduced in 2020,
- Sneak preview 2020 – product and material pre-launch, and
- The bioplastics policy and market developments in the EU and beyond.
The association also invites proposals for poster presentations giving researchers and new projects the opportunity to show their work and preliminary results in the fields of biopolymer research, packaging, and building blocks. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 July 2020.
Tel. +49 30 28482358