The Institute for Plastics Processing (Institut für Kunststoffverarbeitung – IKV) invites to the 2nd International Symposium on Plastics Technology on 14 and 15 March 2022 in Aachen, Germany. In 2020, the scientific committee of the Symposium received contributions from 14 nations, which dealt with innovative topics in plastics technology and ensured a wide-ranging programme. Now the Call for Papers is open again and contributions are being sought for next year's Symposium.
For the first time, the IKV will organise the 2nd International Symposium on Plastics Technology together with the PPS – Polymer Processing Society in 2022. The event is intended to offer scientists, but also plastics professionals, an inspiring forum to learn about current research projects from all parts of the world, to discuss crucial questions and new scientific findings, to network and to take away impulses for the future shaping of plastics technology. The programme is based on contributions from the polymer sciences.
The IKV and the PPS are inviting abstracts on the following topics:
- Additive Manufacturing,
- Circular Economy/Recycling,
- Injection Moulding,
- Lightweight construction technologies and
- Plastics Industry 4.0/Digitisation
to be submitted. There is also an explicit call for the submission of posters on the above-mentioned main topics. All contributions will be read and evaluated by an international scientific committee. In addition to the presentation of the topics at the symposium – as a poster or lecture – the Conference Proceedings with reviewed symposium contributions will appear after the symposium in the form of a digital publication. Contributions will be accepted via the website www.ikv-symposium.com until 30 September 2021.
The Scientific Committee
- Clemens Holzer, University Leoben, Austria
- Abderrahim Maazouz, INSA Lyon, France
- Paula Moldenaers, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Udo Wagenknecht, Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Germany
- Olga Carneiro, University Minho, Portugal
- Byungohk Rhee, Ajou University, Korea
- Patrick Anderson, TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Shih-Jung Liu, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
- Phil Coates, University of Bradford, UK
- Roberto Pantani, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
- Rainer Dahlmann, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Christian Hopmann, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
As in 2020, the Symposium will be timed to coincide with the International Colloquium on Plastics Technology, which will be held for the 31st time in Aachen on 16 and 17 March 2022. This gives participants the unique opportunity to experience both international scientific perspectives and practical research results in a concentrated and compact form. Both events can be booked separately; however, participants in both events benefit from discounted combined tickets.
Tel. +49 241 8096264
Submission and review process
Tel. +49 241 8093983