K 2019 Science Council has started operations
The K trade show is the most important international innovation platform for the plastics and rubber industry.
Hosted in Düsseldorf, Germany, at tri-annual intervals, it presents experts from the industry with the complete range of raw materials, processing and application technology and offers a global overview of the latest technical solutions, pioneering developments and new approaches. The Science Council, a panel of high-ranking experts, compiles key topics of K 2019 (16 – 23 October 2019). The first meeting recently took place in Düsseldorf. The Science Council is comprised of the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Bonten, University of Stuttgart, Head of the Institute of Polymer Technology (IKT)
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Giese, German Institute of Rubber Technology (DIK) Hannover, Executive Board and Managing Director
- Prof. Dr. Christian Hopmann, RWTH Aachen, Head of the Institute of Plastics Processing (IKV)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Reinhold W. Lang, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Institute for Polymer Materials and Testing
- Prof. Dr. Rolf Mülhaupt, University of Freiburg, Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Bernhard Rieger, Technical University of Munich, Wacker-Chair of Macromolecular Chemistry
- Prof. Dr. Alois K. Schlarb, University of Kaiserlautern, Department of Composite Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Schmidt, University of Bayreuth, Department for Macromolecular Chemistry
The members of the Science Councel are supported by:
- Dr. Rainer Büschl, Chairman of the K 2019 Concepts Committee
- Dr. Rüdiger Baunemann, PlasticsEurope Germany
- Michael Herrmann, PlasticsEurope Germany.