JEC Group: Composites technical conferences to be streamed online
On 14 May 2020, the JEC Group announced that it will offer an exclusive online experience by organizing the JEC Composites Technical Conferences, initially planned during JEC World 2020, via webinars. According to the organizer, high-profile experts and speakers will share their expertise, vision, and perspective on the composites industry, starting from 20 May 2020 until 24 June 2020.
Every Wednesday starting on 20 May 2020 from 12 to 1:30 PM, the JEC Composites Technical Conferences will be streamed online. JEC Group said the conferences will be well-represented by experts, researchers, consultants from all the value chain who will share their expertise, vision, and perspective on the composites industry and the challenges ahead. The following dates are offered:
- 20 May 2020: Eco-design, sustainability, and recycling: where are composites?
- 27 May 2020: Concrete and composites: the perfect mix
- 3 June 2020: Carbon: What materials and processes for the future?
- 10 June 2020: Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence – From design to production 4.0
- 17 June 2020: Fiber and nano-reinforced materials fill gaps in additive manufacturing
- 24 June 2020: Biomimicry: Nature shows us the most effective solutions
Line-up and conference topics (including confirmed speakers to date):
20 May 2020 | Eco-design, sustainability, and recycling: where are composites?
- Approaching Zero – Waste-Free Production of Composite Wheel Structures by Marcel Bücker, Project Leader at the Institut für Verbundwerkstoffe GmbH
- Upcycling for thermoplastic composites: How to recycle with added value using ThermoPrime & Thermosaic by Clément Callens, BU Manager Industry of the Future and Frederic Ruch, Manager of Polymer Composite & Engineering department at Cetim Grand Est
- From bottle to energy by Emiliano Frulloni, Chief Technology Officer at Gurit
- Industrial circular solution for the environmentally safe recycling of wind turbine blades and other GRP products by Reinhard Kessing, President, Kescon Engineering and Nicolas Derrien, Greentech entrepreneur. Co-founder and CEO of Neogen25
- Biocomposites and automation for future sustainable industries. Case study: The building industry by Hanaa Dahy, Professor, BioMat Department (Bio-based Materials and Materials Cycles in Architecture) at ITKE Institute – University of Stuttgart
27 May 2020 | Concrete and Composites: the perfect mix
- CL RESTRAP – Active shear strengthening of concrete by Andreas Winistoerfer, CEO at Carbo-Link AG
- Concrete-based composites’ developments in buildings and infrastructure by Andrew Mafeld, Founder and Managing Director at Connectra Global
- CarbonFiberStone: high-performance carbon-negative material to disrupt architecture and keep global warming under 1.5°C by Stephan Savarese, CEO, President & Co-Founder at TechnoCarbon Technologies
3 June 2020 | Carbon: what materials and processes for the future?
- Hierarchical carbon fiber-based composites with David Anthony, Research Technician at Imperial College London
- Future Composite Data Highways with Chris Worrall, Consultant at TWI Ltd: SurFlow
10 June 2020 | Artificial Intelligence – From design to production 4.0
- Intelligent adaptive composite production technologies with Philipp WIGGER, Research assistant at AZL Aachen GmbH
- The Implementation, Use and ROI of IIoT and AI Technologies in Composites Manufacturing with Avner Ben-Bassat, President & CEO at Plataine
- Composites and their forming processes in the era of Data and Artificial Intelligence: Composite Twins with Francisco Chinesta, President of the Scientific Committee and Director of the Scientific Department at ESI Group
- Steve Peck, VP, Applications Engineering & Solutions, aPriori: Identifying Costly Design Features and Manufacturability Issues Early in the A&D Development Process
17 June 2020 | Fiber and nano-reinforced materials fill gaps in additive
- Application of Large Scale Additive Manufacturing for Composite Tooling with Richard F. Neff, Consultant and CEO at Rick Neff LLC
- CFIP technology: a new approach for manufacturing continuous carbon fiber reinforced structures by 3D printing with Marc Crescenti, Head of CAE and DfAM Line at Eurecat
- Opening and Integrating the 3D Printing Platform for Scalable Industry 4.0 Composites Manufacturing with Cole Nielsen, CTO, Orbital Composites Inc
- Rapid Microwave Additive Manufacturing of Continuous Carbon Fiber Reinforced Bionic Plastics with Nanya LI, Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Researcher at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
24 June 2020 | Biomimicry – Nature shows us the most effective solutions
- Haute Couture meets Biomimetic Design by Benedikt Borchert, Sales Manager at Bionic Composite Technologies AG
- Biomimicry – context and opportunities for materials and composites by Luce-Marie Petit, Project Manager Bioinspired Materials at Ceebios
Access to the Technical Conferences webinars is EUR 100 (excl VAT).