Crain has issued a Call for Papers for Utech Europe 2021, which will take place from 14 – 16 September 2021 in Maastricht, The Netherlands. The deadline for the submission of abstracts has been extended to Friday, 22 January 2021.
The criteria for selection of papers will include:
- Contribution to industry knowledge base – is this truly a significant advance?
- Timely and relevant topic – does the presentation address current or developing concerns among polyurethane industry professionals?
- Value – will the paper highlight real progress with long-term benefits?
- Objective – does the proposed speech offer a balanced and non-commercial perspective?
According to the organiser, speech proposals that offer significant evidence-based developments in these respects have a far higher chance of being selected for inclusion on the programme. Speech proposals covering purely historical ground, with an overly narrow focus and those that are deemed too sales-driven in approach are likely to be rejected.
The following list of potential topics on likely aspects of interest should act as a guideline – in addition, please do use your knowledge of the industry to highlight the value that you consider your paper will offer to the high-level, technical specialist audience at Utech Europe 2021, said Crain.
- Business Strategy
- Legislation and Regulation
- Research, Development and Innovation
The organiser said it will look favourably on submissions which meet its criteria for novelty and utility in the following areas:
- Flexible foam
- Rigid foam
- CASE - coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers
- Polyurethane dispersions
- 3D printing
- Bio-based technologies
- Blowing agents
- Spray foam technologies
- Flame retardants
- Nano materials and their application in polyurethanes
- Science of polyurethanes, additives and products
Clare Boldurmaz, Conference Producer