Sustainable solutions for automotive applications
PolyOne, Cleveland, OH, USA, announced its attendance at the VDI „Plastics in Automotive Engineering“ conference in Mannheim, Germany, on 17 - 18 March 2010.
The company will especially highlight the aspect of sustainability of its materials portfolio for automotive applications. It contains:
- the GLS Versaflex Bio and OnFlex Bio TPEs
- the Edgetek XT blends made with Eastman Tritan copolyester for a BPA-freealternative topolycarbonate (PC) or PC/ABS with very good chemical resistance
- the OnColor Bio and OnCap Bio colour and additive concentrates
- the ECCOH LSFOH (low smoke and fume, zero halogen) compounds for fire safe applications and
- the Resound bio-based compounds that combine compatible engineering thermoplastic resins with bio-based polymers such as PLA, PHB, PHBV, and biopolyesters (initial grades feature heat resistance (HDT) up to 120°C and impact resistance up to 53J/m).