Call for Speakers: Feica 2020 European Adhesive & Sealant Conference and Expo
Feica – Association of the European Adhesive & Sealant Industry is inviting experts to share their knowledge and experience with an international audience of industry leaders and stakeholders at the 2020 European Adhesive & Sealant Conference and Expo, which will take place at the Warsaw Marriott Hotel, Warsaw, Poland, from 9 until 11 September 2020.
Year-on-year Feica manages to attract 600+ industry leaders to discuss market drivers and trends, innovation, sustainability and technological advancements. The Feica Conference and Expo is firmly established as the premier event for Europe’s adhesive and sealant industry, providing essential insights into the key issues affecting the industry and great networking opportunities for formulators, customers and raw materials suppliers to discuss the latest trends and wider business environment.
The 2020 Business Forum theme is: Towards a sustainable future
The “European Green Deal”, which aims to shape the EU economy for a sustainable future, was launched in December 2019. It gives due consideration to climate, green energy and industry-supported circularity, with a focus on value chains in packaging, construction, mobility, electronics and textile. Feica said it believes that circular economy thinking is a paradigm shift for industry and society. Keynote speakers at the 2020 Business Forum will give their perspective on a comprehensive approach towards a sustainable future.
According to the organiser, at the 2020 Feica Adhesives and Sealants Conference & Expo, attendees will get practical insights from a range of experts from within the industry, as well as best practice examples from other industries.
Focus areas for the 2020 breakout sessions programme
- Feedstock trends affecting raw material sourcing, sustainable procurement.
- Accessing raw materials – availability, restrictions and (relative) price.
- Raw material development and new product applications.
- Adhesive and sealant market trends, growth rates and outlook, emerging markets and market development.
- Innovative manufacturing technologies, innovation and growth.
- Downstream user perspective in construction, building, civil engineering, electronics, medical, paper and packaging, transportation, marine, Do-It-Yourself/retail, footwear and leather, woodworking and joinery, and assembly operations.
- Resource-efficient technologies, energy and raw material sourcing.
- Durability, recycling, handling and use of adhesives and sealants.
- Product innovation, progress in adhesion science, new chemistry.
- Retaining value in a circular economy, growth within Europe, global competitiveness
- Supply chains redesigned, turning waste into value, distribution goes circular
- Investment shift, impact of ecological and social investors on business models
- Employment impact of transition to a circular economy
- Regulatory impact of the European Green Deal
Any new technology, market intelligence, or innovative idea relevant to the adhesive and sealant industry will also be considered, said Feica.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts is 6 April 2020. Abstract guidelines can be downloaded at www.feica-conferences.com/?ddownload=10622.
Presentations in the breakout sessions are scheduled on Thursday, 10 September 2020 in the afternoon and Friday, 11 September 2020 in the morning. The Feica Secretariat will inform you whether your abstract has been accepted or not by the end of May 2020.
Feica Communications Director
Tel. +32 (0)2 896 96 05